The intentional design of professional growth experiences unfolds in four steps.
chief executive officer
Dr. Kalisha Waldon
Dr. Kalisha Waldon has a Ph.D. in Curriculum & Instruction and has been an educator in the K-20 system for almost 18 years, including 4 years as a school principal and 4 years as a department chair at a local college. She is an accomplished educational leader with demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse student populations on varying academic levels, as well as, interface effectively with colleagues, students, and other stakeholders in any academic/ learning environment. She is committed to using her expertise to empower and support educators in the creation of transformative spaces- where self-reflection and action are encouraged and where the voices and experiences of educators and students are valued. Dr. Waldon is an instructional designer and curriculum developer for schools and organizations, and has experience mentoring/coaching. She builds capacity by offering professional development opportunities where self-reflection becomes a catalyst for growth.
Her Core competencies include:
Data Driven Instruction
Classroom Management & Discipline
Teacher Mentoring & Development
Culturally Responsive Teaching
Parental & Community Involvement
- Florida Atlantic University Dissertation of the Year Awardee 2015
Florida Atlantic University Graduate Student of the Year 2014-2015
- Recognized as an Emerging Leader at Palm Beach State College
- Recognized as an Outstanding Educator in 2013
- September 9th was declared Mt. Olivet SDA Junior Academy Day in the City of Ft. Lauderdale by Commissioner Dale Holness and Representative Alcee Hastings and the school received recognition from school district and regional educational organizations under my leadership as a school principal
- Increased school enrollment by 50%
- Awarded Teacher of the Year 2010-2011
- Awarded Teacher of the Year 2003-2004
- Quality Matters Certified Instructional Designer
- Author of several book chapters and journal articles
- Presented research at several National Conferences
- School Evaluation and Accreditation Consultant
”When I worked as a school Administrator, Dr. Waldon served as my mentor, coach, teacher, and marketing specialist! We were up for a school evaluation, and because she coached and mentored my teachers very well, the evaluators stated: “This is the most well-prepared group of teachers we have had the privilege of evaluating at any school!” Dr. Waldon’s energy, drive, motivation, creativity and passion is evident in her work and rubbed off on me and my teachers!”
Dr. Kalisha Waldon is an inspirational leader. She is cutting edge in her methods, yet brings old-fashioned values to her work. She will absolutely go the extra mile with you! With creativity and patience she leads through the learning process.
Highly recommend Dr. Kalisha Waldon! If you have any training needs I am confident she can assist. I have personally worked with her and can attest to her professionalism and extensive knowledge. You won’t be disappointed!
For a school makeover, call the Doc! If you have burned out teachers who need innovative approaches to reaching students, send the Doc to the rescue! If you need sound policies and procedures that meet the culture of your school or long-term goals, let the Doc help you develop them! I guarantee you that success will unfold!